Monday, September 22, 2014

Hapao River and Bogyah Hot Springs in Hungduan, Ifugao

From the town center of Banaue, we rode in our guide's tricycle to Hapao.  We passed by winding and unpaved roads, small falls coming down from the cliffs and of course breathtaking view of the other rice terraces of Ifugao.  From the main road in Hapao, we walk 40 minutes to one hour going to Hapao River and Bogyah Hot Springs.  As I've said, any physical activity is not my cup of tea but the beauty of the Hungduan Rice Terraces kept me motivated.  It was like a dejavu walking in the 'pilapils', touching those 2,000 year old stones that were stacked on top of each other to make a strong foundation for the terraces and mesmerizing at the clear waters of the ancient irrigation systems that provides life to the rice fields. I didn't regret the long trail.  The Hapao River was refreshing and the current was strong. After dipping in Hapao River, the Bogyah Hot Springs is just a stone's throw away. The sulfuric water of the Bogyah Hot Springs is soothing to the skin. The long trail that I walked is another feat for me! 












No comments:

Post a Comment