Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Mactan Shrine in Lapu-Lapu City

Mactan Shrine in Brgy Mactan, Lapu-Lapu City is dedicated to Lapu-Lapu - the first ever Philippine hero who fought against the invading Spaniards. Aside from his statue, the place is a great place for relaxation since it faces the Mactan Bay.  Also perfect for morning jogs, dating your loved ones and there are also souvenir shops nearby.  And oh, this is  my hometown (but I'm now based in Manila). I'm born and raised in this barangay and we are descendants of the great Lapu-Lapu.  We, locals, passionately refer this place as 'Resting'. This place really brings a lot of childhood memories. Every 27th of April, we commemorate the 'Kadaugan sa Mactan' - a reenactment of the battle won by Lapu-Lapu and his men against Ferdinand Magellan. Many lovers flock this place every Valentines Day and every night since the place is so romantic. I also have my share of 'puppy love' dates here :).   And yes, we are so abundant in sea foods. I really miss the fresh and cheap sea foods. Enjoy the gastronomic photos below!














No comments:

Post a Comment