Monday, March 7, 2016

Tumalog Falls in Oslob, Cebu

I'm a pure Cebuana (and been to Oslob 3 times already) but for some reason, I haven't heard about Tumalog Falls in my 33 years of existence. Going back to Cebu City from our whale shark encounter in Brgy Tan-awan, we chanced upon this green signage of Tumalog Falls at a  small intersection. So out of curiosity (and my penchant for waterfalls), we turned left and followed the sign. We stopped at a parking lot where there were habal-habal drivers telling us that our car couldn't make it to the falls. So we hired them for P50 back and forth per motorcycle. It was only a 5 minute steep ride. And lo and behold, it was yet the best waterfall that I've seen in all my life! The water falls like curtains. It wasn't so deep which is perfect for kids and non swimmers like me. There were trees and bamboos all around. And there was no entrance fee. I wonder why this natural gem is not advertised by our tourism board. It is way better than Kawasan Falls and it was very convenient to get there. So after swimming with the whale sharks, don't wash yourselves yet. Just head directly to Tumalog Falls to wash off. An added bonus are those eye candy foreigners in skimpy bathing suits :).









No comments:

Post a Comment