Friday, September 19, 2014

Transfiguration Chapel and Caleruega Retreat House

I never dreamed of a church wedding because the cost to get married nowadays is already impractical. And when I went to Caleruega with my friends, I was on the process of mending my broken heart. But when I set foot on the Transfiguration Chapel in Caleruega, a vision of me in white with a bouquet of blue roses suddenly flashed before my eyes. I realized that if ever I get married, it should be here (or never).

The Transfiguration Chapel

If you're tired of the usual sights of Tagaytay, just drive a little further of Sky Ranch and Splendido till you reach the welcome arch of Nasugbu then bear left and you will see the directions to Caleruega. The weather is as cold as Tagaytay. The entrance to Caleruega is just P30. A small price to pay for a wonderful place of serenity and reflection.

Well manicured lawns

Lots of flowers

The path leading to the rooms
Aside from the romantic Transfiguration Church, the Caleruega Retreat House offers the most peaceful and serene place for recollections and some serious thinking. The facade of the retreat house looks like a church but it is actually a hotel with a unique grand staircase. The gardens feels like Eden, there's a Koi pond, lots of flowers and trees and a hanging bridge over a small creek which leads to a picnic area with the panoramic view of the Batangas mountains.

A water feature

Close to Nature, Closer to God

Hanging plants

The hanging bridge

Forest

Greenery

Koi pond

Church like facade of the retreat house


No comments:

Post a Comment