Monday, September 1, 2014

Water Activities in Puerto Galera

We started the day with an early breakfast at Luca's Italian Restaurant.  Our pump boat was due to arrive at 7am.  We arranged a one day tour and water activities with a local tourist guide who owns a pump boat for P3000 (P1500/head).
The weather was perfect - it was quite gloomy when we set out.


Our first activity was island hopping. We hopped into three islands in the Puerto Galera bay.  I forgot the names of the islets but two of which were uninhabited and I would love to get stranded there with my boyfriend and spend the entire day lying in the beach and daydreaming. But another tourist pump boat arrived and their boat was about to capsize because of the strong waves.  Good thing, my gallant boyfriend helped them stabilize the boat while I took a video.


Uninhabited island

Lovers kissing in the sand

Hide and seek!

Next activity was snorkeling and fish feeding which I was quite afraid of because I don't know how to swim.  But I did snorkel anyway because we were given life jackets. So I held on to my dear life, holding tightly to the outrigger of the boat while it cruises at a slow pace as we snorkel.  I can't believe how wonderful the underwater world is! It was a protected area and the fishes were tame and they followed us as we feed them with bread crumbs.  We even saw sting rays!

Snorkeling
After snorkeling and fish feeding was caving.  We went to this small island and went inside a cave.  It was a piece of cake for me because I survived the Sumaguing Cave in Sagada, even a child can do it.  But what I was afraid of were the water snakes.

By the entrance of the cave

Climbing to the top of the cave

Inside the cave where water snakes were lurking

Our last activity was a trip to the Tamaraw Falls.  We stopped at another pier then rode a tricycle to our guide's house.  We stayed in his house for around 30 minutes while he secured his boat. His wife and kids were so hospitable that they gave us a plastic bag full of green mangoes! 

Then off we went to Tamaraw Falls!

Jumping with glee

No comments:

Post a Comment